67 Jan Smuts Avenue
Johannesburg, 2193 ZA
The Westcliff hotel is a short 10 minutes from the city center and just 20 minutes by car from Johannesburg International Airport. The Westcliff is close to the N3/ the main route to Pretoria/ as well as a major railway station/ and also the elegant shopping and restaurant districts of Rosebank/ Hyde Park and Sandton City. Created in the image of a mediterranean hillside village/ the Westcliff cascades down through landscaped gardens in a series of picturesque villas surrounded by lush greenery/sparkling fountains and cobbled pathways. The Westcliff offers a spectacular outdoor swimming pool with views of the zoological gardens/world-class dining/beauty spa and exercise room/ business center/bar and lounge/meeting and banqueting facilities/and accessible rooms. Services include butler service/24 hour room service and concierge services.
All of The Westcliff's 115 spacious bedrooms are individually furnished and provided to medical tourism guests with fully-appointed, luxurious en-suite bathrooms. The rooms offer total privacy and most have sunny, private balconies with spectacular views. Non-smoking rooms, inter-leading rooms, executive business rooms, rooms with balconies, suites and paraplegic facilities are available on request. Telephones are provided in bathrooms, at bedsides and on each writing desk. Each telephone has voice-mail, wake-up call as well as a data port facility. A unique feature of The Westcliff Hotel is that all the rooms differ in terms of shape, layout and décor. Each of the 80 extravagantly sized bedrooms and 35 suites has been individually decorated by South Africa’s master designer, Graham Viney.
The spacious Superior Rooms measure approximately 45 square meters with a king bed or twin beds, and include a desk, small seating area, satellite TV and VCR, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and heated towel rack.
The spacious Luxury Rooms measure approximately 47 square meters with a king bed or twin beds, and include a desk, small seating area, satellite TV and VCR, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and a heated towel rack. Most rooms have a private balcony with splendid views over the zoo.
Executive Luxury Rooms:
The very spacious Executive Luxury Rooms measure approximately 55 square meters with king bed or twin beds, and include a desk, seating area, satellite TV and VCR, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and a heated towel rack. All rooms have a private balcony with splendid views over the zoo.
The very spacious Junior Suites measure approximately 70 square meters with a king bed or twin beds, and include a desk, large seating area, satellite TV and VCR, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and a heated towel rack. All Junior Suites have a private balcony with splendid views over the zoo.
The very spacious Luxury Suites measure approximately 80 square meters and feature a separate bedroom and a lounge/seating area, satellite TV and VCR, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and a heated towel rack. All Luxury Suites have a private balcony wuth splendid views over the zoo.
The Presidential Suite:
The very spacious Presidential Suite measures approximately 110 square meters and consists of a separate bedroom (it may be rented with one or two bedrooms) and lounge/dining room. The suite features satellite TV and VCR, CD player, three telephone lines, dataport, fax machine, digital safe, and ensuite bathroom with separate bath and shower, two basins and a heated towel rack. There is a large, private balcony with splendid views over the zoo and butler service is included.
The Westcliff hotel is located in Johannesburg’s Westcliff area- a peaceful northern suburb providing easy access to the city’s most popular business addresses and only 10 minutes from the city center. The hotel is 40 km from JNB international airport. Situated on a hillside overlooking the zoological gardens the Westcliff offers a haven of peace and tranquility to medical travel patients and has the charming flavor of a mediterranean hillside village.
- Alarm Clock
- Baby Sitting
- Business Center
- Coffee Maker
- Concierge Level
- Courtesy Car
- 24 Hour Front Desk
- Handicap Facilities
- Free Parking
- Mini Bar
- Modem Jack
- Meeting Facilities
- Non-Smoking Room
- Room Service
- Safe Deposit Box
Areas Served: Johannesburg, South Africa.
JNB- Johannesburg International Airport is 40 kilometers north.
The Conservatory is the ideal venue for all-day light dining and refreshments, where health tourism guests can enjoy the spectacular views across the elevated pool deck to Forest Town and the Zoological Gardens beyond. A full a la carte menu is on offer, together with delicious morning and afternoon teas. This relaxed area with its open windows, works well to accommodate both smokers and non-smokers alike. The dress code for the Polo Lounge and Conservatory is casual.
The Westcliff Hotel boasts two beautiful rim-flow pools for use by guests - one at the top of the estate, where the pool deck makes for a spectacular backdrop to dining in the Conservatory or the La Belle Terrasse and one close to reception, where it forms part of the Orient-Express Business Wing. Both these pools are heated to 27 degrees Celsius throughout the year and are available for use 24 hours a day.
Points of Interest:
- The Carlton Panorama - The observation deck on the 50th floor of the Carlton Centre.
- The Gold Reef City - A reconstruction of gold rush era Johannesburg.
- Birding at Finfoot Lake Reserve - This birding site, located in the North-West Province, boasts over 350 species, with over 200 having been identified in a 24-hour period. Most of the usual thornveld species can be found as well as red-crested korhaan, and pied, black-collared and crested barbets among many others. In summer, many migrants arrive from the northern hemisphere and tropical Africa so birdwatching is at its best, while the dam itself attracts a large variety of water and waterside birds.
- Delta Park Environment Centre - A serene park with dams and a wide variety of birdlife.
- Kruger National Park - To the east of the city is the lowveld and Mpumalange, where a huge variety of game roams in the world-famous Kruger National Park.
- Johannesburg Zoological Gardens - Just minutes from the Central Business District and main freeways, yet suburban in character, this zoo has many exotic and rare animals, most of which come from Africa. The zoo offers a variety of tours such as night tours and behind-the-scenes tours, where off-stage activities are on view.
- Botanical Gardens - The gardens contain a bonsai garden, herbal garden, medical and literary garden and a 24-acre rose garden, believed to be the largest in the world.
- The Wilds - An 18-hectare park made up of two rocky ridges with a profusion of indigenous plants, four plant houses and numerous signposted walking paths. Guided tours available.
- Pilansburg National Park - The park encompasses a great tract of wild bush that covers the world's largest alkaline ring complex - a geological feature of volcanic origin. It contains The Big Five, including a newly acquired herd of young elephant. Guided game drives on open vehicles are available.
- Vaal Dam, Vaal River and Klipkraal Trail - Hikers keep the Vaal Dam in view during this two-day trail. A variety of waterbirds is attracted to the dam, which serves as a pleasant backdrop to the abounding highveld flora.
- The Wonder Caves at Kromandraai - Featuring some spectacular stalactites and stalagmites and located in a major nature reserve, home to several of Africa's Big Five.
- De Wildt Cheetah Farm - This breeding and research center is open on Saturdays.
- Heia Safari Ranch - Untamed Africa 45 kilometers from Johannesburg. Game roam in natural surroundings. Spend an evening in a Zulu kraal. On Sundays, watch the Mzumba Dancers perform age-old legends accompanied by throbbing drums and chanting women. Enjoy a traditional South African braai by the pool.
- Lion Safari Park - This magnificent park is located just 30 kilometres north of Johannesburg and comprises 200 hectares of grassland and forest. Many species of game are visible from the game trails. The actual lion area consists of six, well-fenced camps in which various prides of lions live and breed. In addition to the wildlife area there is a well-stocked restaurant, curio shop and braai facilities.
- Rhino Nature Reserve - The Rhino Nature Reserve is a privately owned game reserve, situated in the Kromdraai Conservancy. The reserve covers an area of approximately 1,000 hectares where you can view more than 20 different species of game, including white rhino, buffalo, giraffe, hippo and lion.
- River Tours and Safaris - Enjoy a combination of rafting on the Vaal and tasting some of Africa's best wines.
- River Adventures - Grade I and II rapids only one hour from Johannesburg. Specially designed inflatable rafts, renowned for their safety, comfort and stability, ensure that the trip is suitable for all ages.
- Musical Fountains - A 50-meter long fountain, producing water patterns up to 30 feet high through 1,000 nozzles, all to the sound of nightly musical performances.
Hotel policy requires that you guarantee your reservation with a credit card. If you violate the hotel's guarantee policy, your credit card may be charged. The amount charged may equal the cost of 1 (one) or more nights plus applicable taxes.
Cancellation penalties may apply and cancellation policies vary widely by hotel property. Please contact the reservation center or property directly for details regarding this particular property's policy.